Friday, February 11, 2011

Celebrating Freedom for Egypt

I hardly need to say that today's good news is that the peaceful demonstrations by the people of Egypt have prevailed and we have seen history made. My prayers and best wishes are with the Egyptian people as they chart their future. There were moments yesterday of near panic when I thought that perhaps the masses had been pushed past their limit and would resort to violence. I had horrible images of a potential blood bath it the military turned against them. How glad I am that I was selling these people very short to have such fears. They have shown exemplary resolve to protest in a peaceful way for as long as it took. I have been impressed by the tenacity of Al Jazeera to keep getting the news out to the world despite their office begin closed, web site hacking and other forms of disrupting the broadcast, even to their reporters being detained. What a great day this is for Egypt and for the world and what a great opportunity for everyone to put fear and prejudice aside and see .. yes people of different faith, income, background and heritage can all work together.

http://english.aljazeera.net/video/middleeast/2011/02/2011211165022206735.html

No comments:

Post a Comment