Sunday, January 9, 2011

Meditation for surviving the tragic shooting in Arizona

A terrible tragedy occurred in Arizona when people allowed political rhetoric to move them to violence. One of those killed was a 9 year old child. I can only hope that this senseless  loss of life will convince our politicians to work together in a peaceful and calm manner instead of resorting to rhetoric aimed at stirring up emotions. We can all help by speaking of positive aspects of all things and working to be calming influences in the world.

Meditation

Let the words of our mouth and
the meditations of our hearts be
not only acceptable but soothing.

I tired to calm an angry crowd
by sitting quiet and still
and holding thoughts of pleasant hills
and fields of daffodils.
The masses did not hear me.
The anger still raged on.
And only one was saved today
by my peaceful thoughts.

That one was me
and me alone
but tomorrow I will try -
To calm again the angry crowds
My peaceful thoughts and I .
They still may not be quieted. 
They still may shout and rage.
But I will not be among the crowd
trapped in angers cage.

Please please please – still your anger. Do not respond to this tragic event with hate.
Serene Bechir (aka Juliana Marie) Jan. 8, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment