Sunday, January 9, 2011

Welcome

Welcome to In Sharp Contrast - The Good News Blog

OK, so most news is bad the good thing about that is that bad - is still news. But I do think it is time we heard some good news, passed on those rays of hope, lifted each other up. To that ends I am going to place on this blog those things I find good and hopeful and uplifting and ask you all to do the same. Please comment, please pass on this link, please post any good news you can find as well as any bit of humor, because we all do need a laugh. There will be times when I mention bad news but always in the context of finding something good in it. Please note any posts I find to be hateful or negative will simply be deleted - I hope you understand. There are many places on the world wide web for posting anger - this is not one of them.

New Years Poem

I have nailed my darkness to the walls
with its sharp contrast to the light

I've made the pledge, and made a plan
to be that small, small bit of  bright

In the dark and fitful dreams
of my fellow man
to be the star, though it be faint
to show a light light
in darkest lands

And in that pitch black chasm
may I be the laughter heard
in the midnight dreams of those
who never hear a happy word

May the new year bring a joyful shout -

Where life is - there is hope!

Where the darkness overtakes,
still shines the faintest star.

serene bechir Dec. 31, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment